Delle The Kikay Midwife

My posts will be a sort of journal of my struggles in this rare, weird, hard yet noble profession of helping women: starting from this sem, until I take the board exams. Please pray for me. And of course, ang pinaka-target namin ay women's issues, not just the buntis. If any of you need info on health issues, sex, relationships, business, school, whatever, i have a lot of sources and some experiences which i'd be glad to share with you.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

train train train

i've been pulled out of operations to train people. i guess i have teaching thick with me.

my informal teaching career:
i've coached moms how to give birth.
i've taught them how to take care of their kids.
i've taught kids their multiplication table.
and now i teach at a call center.

is it just me or can i whispers behind my back "why delle?" "can she make it?" "she's too young!" "darned lucky beeyatch!" (have i told you how paranoid i am?)

but it's not just because i'm paranoid. i really want to do good. i want to prove myself that i am capable of teaching. and most of all, i want to share what i know and help people break into the biz. thank God, a lot of help is being given to me because i know its going to be tough tough tough. i wouldn't know who to trust. politics is the lifeblood of a call center. but if you ask me, i would't want to get entangled in such a mess.

i never asked for it, but it's not like me to refuse opportunity when it knocks at my door. i know it will mean a lot more sleepless nights: more work, responsibilities and dirty dirty shit.

I'm up to it. it can only leave me callused, yes. but calluses are a brand of strength, experience and wisdom. it won't rob me of my heart anyways. and i still have my friends. kahit paubos na kami, laban parin!

i have bills to pay for, brothers to take care of, my future to worry about and miles to go before i sleep, and miles to go before i sleep.

2 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, Blogger Arthur said...

Bayaan mo lang mga walang magawang kupal na yan! Just do your job and be happy of what your doing 'til you prove them all wrong. I believe in you, Sis! Take care as always! Cheers!

 
At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kudos delle! congrats.. do visit us on the floor if you have time. come see all the wild, untamed animals on this side of a call center kingdom. bwahaha

btw i saw burn a while ago. hehe.. just figured i'd let you know. di n kc tyo nkkpag chikahan eh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home